Monday, March 10, 2014

Hello from Informatique A



And now for Informatique A's 2nd blog-post...

(Brought to you by the lovely messages from Alicia, Juliette, Carolyn, and Lisa.)


PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND TO ANY AND ALL OF THEIR QUESTIONS IN THE "COMMENTS" SECTION!


Also, pictures coming soon.  Our goal next week is basic picture-editing :)



-   -   -   -   -   -

SALUT!!

L’ordinateur est une chose complèxe qui comprend beaucoup de fonctions.
Avec cette nouvelle compétence, nous visons des objectifs dont les plus dominants sont:
-les calculs;
-les recherches scientifiques et techniques intervenues dans le monde;
-la connection a l'internet;
-les rélations amicales, toutes sortes d'informations.
              ET VOUS, QUEL EST L'ETAT DE VOTRE CLIMAT?
                                QUE FAITES-VOUS CHAQUE JOUR?

-Traoré et Fama



Hello !

The computer is a complex thing that has many functions.  With our newly-acquired knowledge, we envision certain goals, of which the most important include :
- doing calculations [in Excel]
- doing scientific research and learning scientific techniques used world-wide
- connecting to the internet
- [creating] friendships, [acquiring] all sorts of information 

AND YOU, WHAT IS YOUR CLIMATE LIKE ?

WHAT DO YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS ?




Salut, je veux vous expliquer ce que je fais chaque jour.



Je viens chaque jour à l’école, le matin et le soir, sauf le dimanche.  Quand je quitte l’école, j’aide ma mère à faire des travaux ménagères.  Après je lis mes cahiers.



-Hadja



Le dimanche, je fait la linge.  Je vais chez mes amies pour me tresser.  Quelque fois, je vais à la chute.



Merci,

Mariame


QU’EST-CE QUE VOUS VOULEZ SAVOIR DE NOUS ?



Hello, I want to give you a glimpse of what I do everyday.

Every morning and evening I come to school, except on Sundays.  When I finish at school, I help my mother with housework.  After that, I review my lesson-books.

-Hadja

On Sunday, I do laundry.  I go to my friends’ houses to have my hair braided.  Sometimes I go to the Ditinn waterfall.

Thanks,
Mariame


WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT US ?



Les grandes nouvelles de Ditinn sont les suivantes : Nous avons une lycée qu compose plus de 500 élèves dont les cours déroulenet normale.



Les élèves sont courageux en anglais avec Miss Aicha.


Tous les jours on fait l’informatique sauf le dimanche.


Les élèves sont contents pour l’informatique et l’anglais.


Et puis, nous avons des cours jusqu’au mois de mais, quand les candidats vont commencer les examens (baccalaureat et brevet).




-Boubacar


The big news in Ditinn is this : We have a high school of over 500 students, where our courses are progressing normally.

Miss Aicha’s sudents here are brave (meaning advancing/dedicated to) in English.
Everyday we have computer literacy lessons, except for Sunday.
The students are very happy because of the computer and English classes.
On top of that, we’ll have classes up until May, when the candidates [terminale and 10th grade students] will begin their national exams (the baccalaureat and the brevet).

-Boubacar




SALUT : Je veux vous donner la déscription de mon village.



Mon village s’appelle FETO ; c’est un village qui se situe à 3 kilomètres de la sous-préfecture de DITINN.  Il est le plus beau village dans notre district.  FETO est le village le plus confectionné, dans lequel on trouve des grands arbres, des beaut batîments, une grande mosquée et une école franco-arabe.



Mon village est le meilleur village à Ditinn car dans ce lieu il n’y a pas des delinquants.  A Feto, depuis ma naissance, je n’ai jamais vu ou entendu d’un groupe de malfaiteurs.



La population de Feto est estimée 765 habitants, tous des peuhls.  Il est situé au nord-ouest de Ditinn a 7 km de la chute de Ditinn.  Merci.



Abdourahmane Feto



QUE PENSEZ-VOUS DE NOTRE GROUPE D’INFORMATIQUE ?


Hello : I’d like to describe my village for you.

My village is called Feto ; it’s a small place about 3 kilometers from the center of Ditinn.  It’s the most beautiful village in our whole district.  Feto is the most well-groomed and organized village, where you’ll find lots of big trees, beautiful houses, a grand mosque and a franco-arab school.

My village is the best one in Ditinn because we don’t have any delinquents here.  In Feto, ever since I can remember, I’ve never heard of a group of criminals existing.

Feto’s population is estimated at 765 inhabitants, all of whom are peuhls (pular-speaking people of the « fulani » ethnic group). Feto is located north-east of Ditinn, only 7 km from the waterfall.  Thanks !

Abdourahmane Feto



WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR COMPUTER LITERACY GROUP ?


2 comments:

  1. Tell me more about the waterfall and what you do for fun!

    My climate is very cold right now, but getting warmer. We've been dealing with a few months of 0-35 degrees, and snowfall 1-2 times a week. It's a lot of snow! But Friday was the first day of spring, which should mean it's getting warmer. Tomorrow will be in the 50s, which will feel very warm! It will take a few months until it's hot again, up in the 70s, 80s, 90s.

    Every day I get up around 7 a.m., shower, and go to work. I can walk to work, about 15 minutes. I work in an office that is two floors and has many cubes with desks and computers. On the first floor is a health center where people come to see our nurses and doctors. I work until about 4 p.m. and then go for a run and eat dinner at home, or go out with friends for dinner (and usually beer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening from Boston!

    Right now, Boston is cold and rainy. I hope that it will be warmer soon because I want to start growing some vegetables. Yesterday I saw some flowers sprouting from the ground which makes me hopeful that the weather is finally starting to warm up a little bit. The students at my school can't wait for warmer weather too. The boys want to play soccer outside but it has been too cold up until now. I think that this coming week we will have nicer weather.

    Everyday, I go to work at a school in Boston. It takes me about 30 minutes on the train to get to my school. I leave my apartment at 5:30 am but I don't mind getting up so early. I've been waking up that early for the past 2 years so I'm used to it. I like to read on my way to work. We have about 650 students at our school. I work until 5:00 pm and then I usually go home. Sometimes I go out with friends but usually I am too tired!

    What types of things do you like to do when the weather is warm? Do you play sports?

    ReplyDelete